Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Smoking Popes!

This is cross-posted at The Joy of Daily Living.



I rang in the New Year to these guys counting down then playing Auld Lang Syne. It was awesome. Click here for their myspace page & to check out their music.

Smoking Popes are a rock/punk/indie/choose-your-favorite-term band that I fell for back in high school because of the poppy-ness mixed with meaningful lyrics. (Anyone noticing a trend in my tastes?) They are from the Chicago suburbs (holla!) and started to make it big in the mid-nineties. A few years later they broke up and left tons of fans broken-hearted. In the meantime a few of them made music with a spiritual theme via a band called Duvall. Well they're back together now & have a new album out. Woo hoo!

Here's a video of an older song called "I know you love me."

1 comment:

Laura said...

oh how I love them. they bring me back to high school.