Sunday, January 25, 2009

Albert Hammond, Jr.


After discovering Little Joy a little while ago, I thought to myself, "isn't there another side project of a Strokes member?"  Albert Hammond Jr.  is the rhythm guitarist of the Strokes and he has a couple albums out under his name.  I've only heard the most recent one, Como Te Llama? but it wasn't too bad.  There is a definite Strokes influence, but maybe a little more poppy?  Allmusic says that his first album, Yours to Keep, was better and a little more original, so I'll have to check it out.  Here's a live, acoustic (minus the bass) performance of a song from that album:


"In Transit"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a second but I'll admit it - I like it, I really, really like it! I just found this site, but I will be a repeat offender, consider yourself followed!
My best, Lynn
www.safebeauty.blogspot.com

Roving Gambler said...

Nice. Thank you.
You showed up on Google's news alert, so that's cool.
I have a music news site at Lakin Report. Let me know if you come across anything you think I should know about.
Cheers

mateo said...

that is cool, thanks guys for checking it out!

Anonymous said...

Finally checked out this post...this song is SO GOOD. Though I think a follow-up post explaining the mini-keyboard w/ mouthpiece might be nice.