Monday, January 19, 2009

People Under the Stairs

This is cross-posted at The Joy of Daily Living.

Puts
from rapreviews.com

People Under the Stairs (who often go by PUTS) are a hip-hop duo from LA who have been kickin it since the late nineties. Click here for their myspace, and here for their website (which mysteriously ends in .uk.)

They have about a million CDs (okay, their website says 39), but my favorites are The Next Step, O.S.T, and ...Or Stay Tuned. That might just be because those are the ones I've listened to the most, however.

I adore People Under the Stairs for a few reasons. Their beats are super chill and sometimes funky and jazzy. Also they can rhyme well and have a sense of humor. On of my favorite lines ever from them is "I shoot the gift like NRA members on Christmas." It's from the song "Time to Rock Our Shit," shown in this Youtube video:





Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, so nice and wide! Way to expand the screen Mateo!